The leadership class is now only available to students and restaurants who have signed up for The Waiter’s Academy training program. Here you can see the structure of the class and the main talking points we discuss in detail in the training.
If you wish to sign up for some of the courses and get your certificate, click on the link below!
What is leadership, and how do you become a leader
Characteristics of a Leader
- Radiate positive energy
- Proactive attitude
- Delegate task 100%
- Lead by example
Leadership skills and how to obtain them
- The ability to listen i
- Ability to explain
- Positive attitude
- Great self-control
- Team building
Leadership duties and responsibilities
- Safe environment
- Equal opportunity for all
- Provide a vision
- Establish Effective Organizational Structure and Communication Protocols
- Effective business and financial plans
- Managing and mastering our services
- Maximizing and improving the marketing and sale system
- Constantly improving and presenting the finest product
- Measure the outcome quarterly, annually, etc.
What most employees want from their leadership
- Personal development:
The new leaders
The mindset of a leader in the 21 Century should be: Our number one priority is our people, and if we take care of our people, we will always reach our financial goals. Money matters, but people matter more.
Still, 90% of managers say the number one priority for them is their guests’ experience.
Your Guest Experience will only be great if your Employee Experience is exceptional. Hence leading and managing your team should be your #1 priority!
What does it mean to take care of our people?
Well, we already discussed what employees most want from their leaders, and that was:
- Safe environment
- Clear goals and expectations
- Development opportunities
- Feedback and a path to improve
But of course, people also want financial security and enough leisure time to spend with their family and friends.
Do you want to be a leader?
What does a great leader bring to the table?
- Turns strangers into brothers and sisters by aligning them behind common beliefs and common values
- Treats everyone fairly
- Gives everyone an equal chance to succeed
- Recognizes and praises people when they make progress and disciplines them when necessary
Being a leader is not easy! Becoming a leader is also taxing, and that’s why so few people are recognized as true leaders.
Before I close this class, I would like to give some personal advice.
Become a great leader not because people will like you and follow you, not because you will have a chance to grow, and not because your team will reach the goals. Be a leader because of you and what you have been born for. Every human should strive to become the best version of themselves. Great leaders leave behind great legacies! They live fulfilled and exciting lives.
I know this is what the future holds for you too!
Best of luck!