Here are all the points you have to follow to perform the sequence of service for waiters perfectly ( see the video Steps of Service Fine Dining):
1. Acknowledge the guests upon arrival with eye contact and a smile
within 2 minutes after seating. Use the name of the restaurant and your name:
“Ladies and Gentlemen welcome to Grand Lux Café, my name is Ned and I will be taking care of you today……
3. Make sure you are shaved (for male waiters), with a proper haircut, and clean uniform
9. If needed, make a suggestion about the wine and repeat the wine order for clarity.
10. Send the food order to the kitchen with proper seat positions for every meal!
11. Bring bread and butter to the table
12. Maintain visual contact with the guests at all time
17. Within 2 minutes or two bites (whichever is first) ask the guests if their meals are well prepared and tasty. (Audio) (Video) Take immediate action if a guest is not happy with his/her meal! Advise managers! (This is probably the most important step from the whole sequence of service!)
19. Call the main course and assure all the guests have proper and clean silverware in front of them
20. Remove the bread, the butter, and the butter plates from the table if the guests are not going to use any more bread with their main course.
21. Assure that the main course is served on time! 18 to 25 minutes (for well-done steaks). If not check with the kitchen. Advise the guests.
22. Ask for a refill of drinks after serving the main course.
23. Wish the guests’ gut appetite and stay attentive in case they need something.
24. Within 2 minutes or 2 bites (whichever is first) acquire if everything is well prepared and testy with their meal. Take appropriate action if a guest is not happy with his/her meal. Advise a manager
25. Wait for all the guests to be finished with their meal before removing the plates!
26. Remove all the silverware and condiments from the table
28. Assure the tea or the coffee is served promptly. Check with the bartender if not.
29. Assure the dessert is served within 6 minutes from the order. (Video) Check with the kitchen if not. Advise the guests.
30. Ask the guests if everything is well prepared and testy 2 minutes or 2 bites after delivering the desserts.
31. Remove empty coffee cups immediately from the table
32. Wait for all the guests to be finished with dessert before removing the plates
33. Remove everything from the table
36. Take care of the payment immediately (Audio)
38. Prepare the table for the next party immediately after the departure of the guests
39. Repeat 😊
Dear friends, learning and most importantly performing the steps of food service for waiters will change your overall experience in the restaurant! You will avoid mistakes, reduce stress, and increase your income! Trust me on that!
I see that a lot of people are searching for this topic using terms such as F&B service training, Steps of service fine dining, or Steps of Service Waiter. Any way you call it this is the Sequence of Service in fine dining that you have to follow to ensure a great experience for your guests! Use it as your fine dining service training manual and you will succeed in any fine dining restaurant in the world. To learn more check the LQA standards post.